Click HERE to book appointments on line, order repeat medication online and access your medical record.
Our promise to you is that we will:
- offer same day appointments and home visits where appropriate
- aim to offer timely pre-bookable appointments to meet your needs
- try to provide the best, flexible service for you and your family
All patients are seen by appointment within the times shown. Appointments may be made in person, or by telephoning the surgery between 8.00am and 6.30pm each week day. Appointments can be made up to a week in advance - if you would like to see a particular doctor, please ask the receptionist for advice on booking a routine appointment.
If we have your mobile telephone number you will receive a text to remind you the day before your appointment. Please let us know if you do not wish to receive this reminder. It is also important to let us know if you have changed your mobile phone number
Our Same Day Team consists of 2 doctors and up to 3 nurses each day. Patients requiring an appointment on the day will be offered a time to come to the surgery and will be seen by either a doctor or a nurse. If you would prefer to simply speak to a doctor, please let the receptionist know and she will arrange this for you.
Book ahead to see a doctor either at St Mary’s Surgery or Telephone House Surgery - usually a week ahead.
If you need to see a GP regularly, we recommend that you get to know 2 or 3 of our doctors to make it easier to book a routine appointment.
Book a nurse appointment the following treatments are available at St Mary’s or Telephone House Surgery
- Blood test
- Ear syringing
- Cervical smears
- Cervical swabs
- Removal of stitches and clips
- Contraceptive pill check
- New patient health check
- Injections – baby immunisations; contraceptive injections; prescribed injections
Same day assistance if you are unwell and need advice straight away you will be given an appointment on the day. You will be seen by either a nurse or doctor in our same day team.
Our receptionists can help with any of the following:
- They will liaise with the hospital on your behalf to arrange an appointment
- They can chase test results awaited from the hospital
- They will be able to sort out some of your prescription queries
- They can liaise with the doctor to complete forms or obtain information for you
Our practice team has a wealth of knowledge and experience – you do not always need to see a doctor.